Thursday, May 20, 2010

Chicago

The front of the card points to a place where Mutti (Mom) had stayed in Chicago. The message on the card sent to Hanna Heycke and Margarete Schröder on the island of Föhr in the North Sea in May 1960, reads:

Dear Mom and Aunt Grete!
Friday evening at 7, Betty is feeling well and Betty's mother arrived on Friday evening. It was a girl, had darker hair and weighed over 8 pounds. Greetings, Your Dieter

The stamp isn't canceled, so I'm not sure if the card was sent or not.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!

    Welcome to the half-century club; admission is free but the dues are steep.

    t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a neat old card. My son works downtown Chicago. Takes a train to work to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family is from Chicago. My mother worked in downtown in an area called "the loop". We moved to California when I was 12. I sure don't miss the weather.

    Your postcards so often bring up memories.

    I always love your comments on my blog. You usually give me a good chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chick AW Gogh

    i like it!
    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card !!
    I just love the card appeared to be 'big' in blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice smog! I'm glad that some Chicago creations, yourself included, have stood the test of time and improved with age... Happy 2 U

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails