Saturday, April 3, 2010

Chickens or Bunnies?

Easter is full of interesting symbols, including chickens, eggs, and bunnies. They don't really have much to do with the Christian celebration of the holiday, but they certainly make for beautiful and amusing cards. So, what do you prefer, chickens or bunnies? From what I can tell, there seems to be a certain rivalry between the two:

It appears that rabbits steal eggs.


Chickens are much more serious. I guess it's because they're protecting their eggs.


But if you play music, they get distracted and have to dance. Then you can paint their eggs.

7 comments:

  1. Ha! More of those dastardly chicks! And I had NO idea about the rabbits. What charming, interesting, intriguing postcards! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent observation about the rivalry between these two species. Both have questionable character traits. Then again, both are delicious.

    Wonderful lithography on those cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess I'm a Hippity Hop kind of girl ... .

    hope that Easter Bunny brings you a basket
    of chocolates!

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always liked bunnies better, but I am starting to appreciate chicks. I only like anthropomorphic types of rabbits and chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got that right Robert, I saw the bunny hauling the big egg away and the first thing I thought was 'rabbit omelet'! Guess my Easter basket is gonna be empty this year...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Postcardy, I like my chickens with dressing too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails